Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of the Columbia Gorge Health Council?
Who serves on the Columbia Gorge Health Council?
The Columbia Gorge Health Council has three primary groups:
- Board of Directors – the membership is set by the bylaws of the coporation and includes representatives from healthcare, counties and the community. Board Details >>
- Community Advisory Council (CAC) – the voice of community members and the various agencies. CAC Details >>
- Clinical Advisory Panel (CAP) – the clinicians in the region who collaborate to improve health and healthcare services. CAP Details >>
Other work groups and committees are formed as needed. Visit this page for more information about applying to serve on a committee.
What does the Columbia Gorge Health Council do? What are its priorities?
The Columbia Gorge Health Council is a non-profit, tax-exempt public and private community governance entity. We are dedicated to improving the health of the region and oversight of the Medicaid population and the Coordinated Care Organization (CCO). The Columbia Gorge Health Council functions as a regional convener for health and healthcare priorities in the overall Columbia Gorge region. While the CCO membership is specifically Hood River and Wasco County residents, we recognize that community members frequently cross state and county bounderies in their daily endeavours to work, live and play in the region.
The Columbia Gorge Health Council collaborates with multiple organizations to set a regional Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Process (CHIP). More details can be found at CHA & CHIP.
What is the Triple Aim?
The “Triple Aim” is a framework designed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement that describes a method for optimizing health system performance. The Triple Aim is:
- Improving the member experience of care
- Improving the health of the community overall
- Reducing the cost of health care for each member
The Triple Aim framework supports our strategic priority to adopt a population health-based approach to address issues in the Columbia Gorge Region. Triple Aim details >>
I want to contact PacificSource. How can I do that?
If you are a PacificSource member and your card looks like this: then contact PacificSource at https://communitysolutions.pacificsource.com/
Phone Contact information is: (855) 204-2965 – Toll Free from 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday or (800) 735-2900 – TTY
If you are a local agency or provider, you can reach out to Trudy Townsend, Community Health Specialist to direct your request to the right team.